Oct 3 - Nov 18, 2023
Weekly online lectures every Tuesday from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Weekly in-person labs at various locations (check the registration link for locations and times.)
Registration is $175.00
Comuníquese con los organizadores del evento para confirmar que este evento se llevará a cabo en español o para solicitar interpretación en español u otras adaptaciones.
Good Food is Worth Preserving
Help share the bounty with all Oregonians. Become a Master Food Preserver volunteer.
Do you want to empower individuals to make good use of available food resources, reduce food waste, and safely preserve seasonal and culturally important foods? The OSU Master Food Preserver program is currently training new volunteers.
Master Food Preservers are trained and certified volunteers who assist OSU Extension Service in their efforts to provide up-to-date food safety and preservation information to Oregonians. After a comprehensive, hands-on training, volunteers serve as a local community resource providing food preservation information to community members.
In addition to an intensive required training course, MFPs complete 20-40 hours of service annually by conducting community education, outreach, and organizing. Types of volunteer service might include:
- Supporting food preservation workshops taught by Extension faculty,
- Answering consumer questions about food safety on our hotline,
- Working with gleaning groups to reduce food waste on local farms,
- Helping a cultural organization to access and preserve traditional foods,
- Volunteering in a food pantry to talk with clients about cooking with unfamiliar foods
Applications due by September 18, 2023.