29 Alan Turanski – What companies can do to Save the Bee (in English)
Alan leads vision, innovation and continuous improvements at GloryBee. Ranging from sustainability, technology, facilities and being a cause forward company, he is committed to ensuring GloryBee is a business as a force for good. Alan is an advocate for the honeybee and was also a driving force in developing GloryBee’s Save the Bee initiative, which donates to bee-saving projects. As a beekeeper, and someone who is considered knowledgeable in the field, Alan has served as spokesperson for the plight of the honeybee and promotion of conservation efforts, including testifying at the Oregon State Capitol in 2013 on the issue of honey bee colony losses.
Listen in as we talk about the Alan’s work with GloryBee, their raising of bee awareness, and how beginning beekeepers can get started.
And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“Beekeeping is a beautiful balance between art and science, and the best beekeepers are very knowledgable scientifically, but they also instinctually are in tune with the bees.“ – Alan Turanski
- Why Alan became involved in helping save the bees
- What Alan hoped to accomplish with his “Save The Bee” campaign
- Why investing in education is so important to Alan
- How the “Save The Bee” program works to help bees
- How GloryBee has spread their message through partnerships
- The process that honey goes through from honeycomb to store shelves
- The many expected and unexpected flavors of honey
- How beekeepers use the byproducts from collecting honey
- Alan’s favorite tool and non-tool
“These [bees] are amazing creatures. The more you learn, the more you’re fascinated, and the more you’re enthralled.“ – Alan Turanski
- GloryBee’s 2016-2017 report on the Save the Bee initiative
- Oregon Master Beekeepers program
- Commercial Beekeepers Workshop at the Oregon State Beekeepers Association 2017 meeting
- Save the Bee 5km Run
- Check out “Natural Beekeeping” by Ross Conrad
- Learn more about the J-hook hive tool
- Connect with Alan Turanski through his blog
- GloryBee on Facebook and Twitter.