505 North Columbia River Highway
St Helens, OR 97051
This five-session course is ideal for anyone who is just starting out taking care of a woodland property. Topics covered include:
- Getting started: assessing your property and site
- What’s going on in your woods? Understanding tree biology, forest ecology and habitat
- Taking care of your woods: tree planting, care for an established forest, weed control
- Getting it done: Timber sale logistics, laws and regulations
- Field trip to see first hand examples of what you’ve learned.
Dates: Tuesday/Thursday, March 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st. Saturday field trip March 23rd.
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Location: Columbia County Extension office, 505 N. Columbia River Hwy, St. Helens
Cost: $40/individual or $50/couple sharing materials
To register: Register online or call Sonia at 503-397-3462.
Registration deadline: Friday, March 1st