Bilingual Workshop on Identification and Monitoring of Vineyard Pests and Diseases
This workshop is being presented by Dr. Achala KC, plant pathologist, OSU-SOREC and Dr. Luisa Santamaria, nursery pathology & bilingual educator, OSU-NWREC. The workshop is planned to educate the vineyard workforce (specifically Spanish language speakers) and will combine morning field tours with real time observation of vineyard diseases and pests, samples collection methods, and checking signs and symptoms for identification.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and introductions
- 8:30 am Depart for Temperance Hill Vineyard
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Tour of Temperance Hill Vineyard
- 10:30 am Depart for Bethel Heights Vineyard
- 10:40 am – 12:00 pm Tour of Bethel Heights Vineyard
- 12:00 pm Return to Chemeketa Eola Campus
- 12:30 pm Lunch (provided)
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Hands on exercise on pests and disease identification
Registration is closed, as the class enrollment is full. If you would like to inquire about future programs, please contact Dr. Achala KC.
This workshop is made possible through funding support of the Oregon Wine Research Institute at Oregon State University.
215 Doaks Ferry Road Northwest
Salem, OR 97304