Apr 14 - Jun 16, 2021
Selected Wednesdays, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Webinars are free.
Are you ready for the next wildfire season? Last summer’s wildfire events impacted most Oregonians and we learned that EVERYONE living in Oregon should be prepared for a wildfire emergency. Every community is different though, and it can be difficult to navigate all of the resources.
A series of webinar sessions and online local meetings will address preparedness at three levels:
- Individual – What you can do now to get yourself, your family, and your home ready
- Community – How you can be a part of promoting a wildfire safe community
- Landscape – How you can live and thrive in a fire-adapted environment
Online webinar sessions will be delivered on alternating Wednesdays, starting March and continuing through June 2021. Instructors will introduce core ideas and list actions that families and communities can take to prepare themselves ahead of every wildfire season.
Extension will also host local online sessions, where you will learn details about fire and emergency response specific to your own County or area. These sessions will give plenty of opportunities for discussions on how to begin putting the things you learn into action.
For more details and links to recorded webinars and resources, check the “Fire Aware. Fire Prepared.” program website. Join each session (or watch the recording) and start preparing now!
Register for as many or few of the classes as you would like - webinars are FREE!
Wildfire Wednesday Webinars Sessions (12:00-1:00pm PDT):
- March 17: It takes a village! (View recording: It takes a village!)
- March 31: From the home to the landscape (View recording: From the home to the landscape)
- April 14: Building community for wildfire resilience
- April 28: BE Ready, BE Set, GO!
- TBD: Fire preparedness in my area
- May 19: A land of fire
- June 2: When fire hits
- June 16: After the fire