There are many ways. References from neighbors, and looking in the yellow pages (logging or tree services). And when you find one (or two) ask for references and look at a recent job. Much will depend on how big the job is and how many trees you want removed. As always check that their insurance coverage is proper and current, their CCB license if current etc. Also, if you are "logging" you will need permits from the Oregon Department of Forestry and they may have list of small job loggers. The Clackamas County OSU Extension office also has lists of "small job loggers."

Was this page helpful?

Related Content from OSU Extension

Ask an Expert

Have a Question? Ask an Expert!

Ask an Expert is a way for you to get answers from the Oregon State University Extension Service. We have experts in family and health, community development, food and agriculture, coastal issues, forestry, programs for young people, and gardening.

Ask Us a Question