36386 Hwy 58
Pleasant Hill, OR 97455
This six-session course is ideal for anyone who is just starting out taking care of a woodland property. Classes are designed to provide woodland owners with a broad and thorough overview of many topics of importance when managing a woodland. While learning about your property we will guide you though writing a forest management plan that is tailored to your property and your woodland management goals. You will receive an on-site visit of your woodland.
Topics covered include :
- Getting Started: Assessing your property and your site
- What’s Going on in Your Woods? Understanding tree biology and forest ecology
- Taking Care of Your Woods: tree planting, care for an established forest, weed control
- Getting it Done: Safety, timber sale logistics, and laws and regulations.
A forest management plan is:
- Required to participate in the Oregon Tree Farm System
- The foundation for sustainable forest management
- A valuable communication tool for your family
- Something you can write on your own and save on consulting costs!
- A valuable investment for the future of your forest