Cancelled: Youth Voices in Action/OLI ll, 2020
201 Liberty Street
Salem, OR 97301
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Extension programming will be provided virtually, postponed or canceled until further notice to help keep our employees, volunteers, learners and communities safe. Check back here or contact the organizer for details on plans for this event.
"What would our communities and nation look like if young people were fully engaged as partners in decisions that affect them... ?"
Youth Voices in Action / Outreach Leadership Institute ll
An Oregon 4-H Conference
Monday, March 23 through Thursday March 26, 2020
Registration will be open January 15, 2020 and will be closed March 1st, 2020
Cost = $250
After February 15, the cost will be $275
Hotel: Salem Grand Hotel, 201 Liberty Street, Salem, OR 97301
Onsite Check-in Starts Monday March 23rd at 1:30 pm, Program Begins at 3:00
Depart Thursday March 26th at 1:30 pm at the hotel lobby
For just $250 4-H members (grades 8 to 12) and their friends are invited to Youth Voices in Action/OLI ll to enjoy 4 days/3 nights at the Grand Hotel and Convention Center, and State Capitol. Young people and adults will have fun and hone their leadership skills, practice public speaking, meet legislators and state agency representatives, work in teams, be challenged to think about issues that affect Oregon, and use their voice often!
- Download the flier (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/iaal24zodlf07lnr5ssxpzkmixf45exe)
- Katy Zollner Memorial Scholarship (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/4fnvl298mtn04i62i6g3g3gc2muvl537)
- Check with your county regarding availability of other scholarships (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/program/all/4h/local-programs)
- What to Bring (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/jf1vxhkl3sgzwgtjp0a3niky3vpvcpea)
- Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Experiencing-Citizenship/711998602152808)
- Facilitator Application (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/574gppf8gi4gq12g9lgldyq6kgfoyj0r)
- 4-H Volunteer Application: English (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/9zhfne0oaplmurf4g0trrejkx26h1nfv) - Spanish (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/vfrynxq3s8u8a3ttc7u7h0bebmpr3epc)
- Registration Instructions (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/9us5i97bp7j7vkhsd5ve7rew9kfeu2i0)
- Read about the highlights and see photos of Experiencing Citizenship from other years (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/8osvwborjigfclmjxdnbbde7f5t9d4qy)
Online registration ($250) will be open by December 15, 2019 and closes March 1st, 2020.
We will not take payments on site. Please pay with Credit/Debit card (Recomended), send a check, or at the 4-H office in your County before March 1st, 2020.
Transportation will not be provided!
If you have already registered using our new online registration system (e.g. Summer Conference), all you will have to do is enter the email address and password that you used to register before. You will then be taken to the screen where you can select "New Registration"
If this is your first time using the new online registration, you will first have to set up an account. You will need to enter your name, email address, password and answer two security questions. You will then be taken to the "New Registration" page. Record this information for future registrations. Once you have an account, all you will need to do is log in with the email and password you set up the account with. You will be able to register much quicker, so write down that information and keep it in a safe place.