4-H Radio Auction
The Union County 4-H Radio Auction is a two-day event in April held on KCMB 104.7 (http://www.myeasternoregon.com/). The Annual 4-H Radio Auction is a fund raiser that benefits both youth and adult leaders throughout Union County. The funds generated by the auction are used for but are not limited to: sponsor volunteer training, pay for out of county travel for 4-H members and leaders, 4-H Camp, trophies and awards for the Union County Fair, special recognition for State Fair delegates, scholarships and support for the Blue Mt. 4-H Center, a 4400 square foot lodge plus 12 cabins, that are used for our annual 4-H camp and other community events.
This year the auction is Saturday, April 6 from 10 am - 2 pm and Sunday, April 7 from 12 - 4 pm. You can view items online (http://4h.eoni.com) on the website hosted by EONI (https://www.eoni.com/) or in person on April 5 from 5-7 pm in the Extension Office Conference Room. There will be a complete list of all the items and the phone numbers to call in the Observer (https://www.lagrandeobserver.com/) (local newspaper) on Friday, April 5. Auction inserts will be available on Thursday, April 4 at the following locations:
- La Grande
- Papa Murphy's
- Island City Market
- Island Express Lube & Car Wash
- Elkhorn Media Group Office (KCMB)
- Union County Extension Office
- D & B Supply
- Cook Memorial Library
- Imbler Market
- Elgin Food Town
- Union Market
- Cove-Dollars Corner Market
- Baker-Kicks Sportswear
- North Powder Cafe
On Saturday Items 1 - 199 can be bid on from 10 am - 12 pm and items 200 - 399 from 12 pm - 2 pm. On Sunday items 400 - 599 can be bid on from 12 pm - 2 pm and items 600 - 799 can be bid on from 2 pm - 4 pm on Sunday. Holdover (big) items (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/4h/union/4-h-radio-auction-holdover-items) 900 and above can be bid on both Saturday and Sunday of the auction.
- To bid on auction items you must have a bidder number. Before the auction please call the Extension Office at 541-963-1010 or email Honour Bowen (mailto:email@example.com). During the auction you MUST call one of the phone numbers 541-963-3405, 541-963-7911 or 800-442-5262.
- View auction items online. (http://4h.eoni.com/) If you prefer to see the items in person there is a scheduled preview time on Friday, April 5 at the Extension Office Conference Room, 10507 N McAlister Rd, Island City.
- Items can be picked up at the Extension Office Conference Room on Monday, April 8 from 8 am - 8 pm and Tuesday, April 9 from 10 am - 6 pm.
- Items can be paid for with check (made out to Union County 4-H Association), cash or credit card. Items not picked up and paid for within 1 month of the completion of the auction will revert back to the Union County 4-H Association and maybe sold to the next highest bidder.