Forestry and Natural Resources
Out there for Oregon’s forests. Here for Oregonians.
Forests and the diverse natural resources associated with them are an important part of NE Oregon's landscape, heritage, economy, and way of life.
As your local Forestry and Natural Resources Extension agent, my job is to utilize the latest research and innovations from Oregon State University and other institutions to provide science-based education and expertise. Whether you are interested in managing your land more effectively, growing your forest-based business, or are an aspiring naturalist, I am here to point you in the right direction.
I also serve on local committees advising the USDA Forest Service on management of our area natural resources, collaborate with agencies such as the Oregon Department of Forestry and the Natural Resources Conservation Service to implement forest improvement and wildfire hazard reduction programs, and am a member of the My Blue Mountains Woodlands (http://www.mybluemountainswoodland.org//) partnership.
Below are several ways you can learn from, and get involved with our Forestry and Natural Resources Program (http://extensionweb.forestry.oregonstate.edu/). You may also call our local office or email me (mailto:[email protected]) to get in touch with me directly.
See you in the woods!
Browse Extension's resources
- Cutting and Selling Trees (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/forests/cutting-selling)
- Fire (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/forests/fire)
- Forest Health and Management (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/forests/health-managment)
- Non-Timber Forest Products (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/forests/non-timber-products)
- Tree Care (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/forests/tree-care)
- Wood Processing and Products (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/forests/wood-processing)
Browse all OSU Extension resources by topic (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/topics). Or search for resources (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/search).