Working for OSU Extension
OSU Extension’s work is crucial to OSU’s land grant mission and pursuit of the university’s strategic goals. Our more than 40 locations across the state serve as a front door to the university. Our work is organized in seven major program focus areas:
- 4-H Youth Development
- Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Family and Community Health (including SNAP-Ed)
- Forestry and Natural Resources
- Open Campus
- Outdoor School
- Sea Grant
Collectively, our work helps Oregon’s people, communities, environments and economies thrive. Our values guide all we do.
By joining OSU Extension, you will contribute to a rich tradition of serving Oregonians with problem-solving and life-enriching learning. In 2010, OSU was granted the Carnegie Foundation credential that designates OSU as a community engaged institution. Your work will help ensure OSU’s continued development as an institution engaged with those we serve. We are determined to build on our status as a national leader in this arena.
Learn more about working for Oregon State University.
Open positions within OSU Extension are listed on the OSU jobs site.
Commitment to Excellence
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Programs and efforts that support this commitment include:
- Search Advocate Program, which trains search committee members who promote equity, validity, and diversity in OSU hiring and searches.
- Social Justice Education Initiative, which provides facilitated learning opportunities, consultation, and coaching that specifically support achieving inclusive excellence across all OSU endeavors
- Oregon State ADVANCE, which aims at increasing the participation and advancement of women and others from historically underrepresented groups in academic science and engineering careers.
- OSU Extension’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, which is dedicated to fostering inclusive, welcoming programs and spaces all around the state