COVID-19 resumption status
OSU Extension resumption planning
OSU Extension continues our remote and virtual activities and programming while offering limited onsite and in-person activities as allowed by state and university requirements.
Prioritizing safety and success, OSU Extension’s plans comply and align with:
- Oregon State University Onsite Activity Resumption Plan (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/raoi7dap1gm2vrnjeinpldiv5bnrchre)
- State Executive Orders (https://www.oregon.gov/gov/admin/pages/executive-orders.aspx)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) Guidance (https://www.oregon.gov/highered/about/Pages/COVID19.aspx) for the Conduct of In-Person Instructional, Residential, and Research Activities at Oregon Colleges and Universities (Note: The in-person instruction requirements do not apply to Extension)
- Industry-specific guidance (https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19), including for youth programs or other categories as applicable
- The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) issued updated guidance on Ready Schools Safe Learners (https://www.oregon.gov/ode/students-and-family/healthsafety/Pages/RSSL-Guidance.aspx) and specific guidance for outdoor school programs (https://www.oregon.gov/ode/students-and-family/healthsafety/Documents/Ready Schools Safe Learners 2020-21 Guidance.pdf)
- Programming for youth must adhere to: Statewide Reopening Guidance –Youth Programs (https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le2351p.pdf) and OR Early Learning Division Guidance (https://oregonearlylearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Health-and-Safety-Guidelines_August-14-2020_English_Web-2.pdf)
- Local health authority requirements and State of Oregon County Risk Levels and associated guidance (https://coronavirus.oregon.gov/Pages/living-with-covid-19.aspx)
In some cases, OSU policy may be more restrictive than state or local guidance. The university’s policies and resumption plans apply to all employees, university-sponsored activities and volunteers acting in their capacity as representatives of OSU.
The Vice Provost for Extension and Engagement, in consultation with university leadership, approves when each OSU Extension location transitions between resumption phases and operations levels. These decisions are made within OSU’s resumption framework plan and are based on local conditions. Status subject to change based on executive order, local conditions, and the state's risk framework for counties.