Free Well Water Nitrate Screening
996 Jefferson Street
Eugene, OR 97402
Fri, May 7, 2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Lane County OSU Extension Service is offering free well water nitrate screenings for domestic well users. Screening your well water for nitrates annually is good for your health, and can be an indicator to have it tested for other contaminants.
- Bring ½ cup of untreated well water in a clean, water-tight container.
- You will be asked to fill out a form with your contact information.
- Testing takes about 10-15 minutes.
- You can wait in your car and staff will bring out the screening results, or we can send you your results via mail or email.
- Please wear a mask and respect social distancing.
Not available on May 7? That's okay! Call the office and we will make an appointment for you to bring in samples for screening: 541-344-5859.
For additional information on well water and septic systems, free Rural Living Basics classes (offered remotely), and other nitrate screening opportunities visit the Well Water Program website (http://wellwater.oregonstate.edu/?fbclid=IwAR0UKheSj6JghzglrITS5Q12leDOg6z_FeKU6Hu9CbQiuc1KykhBG6_ALyo).