Master Gardeners™ are a highly trained corp of volunteers who provide research-based, sustainable gardening information to backyard gardeners and professionals in their communities through education and outreach programs.
We're here to share reliable, unbiased gardening information and advice to help you make informed decisions. Gardening techniques are based on Oregon State University research.
Become a Master Gardener
Do you love gardening? Want to advance your gardening knowledge and skills? Enjoy helping others learn? Become a Master Gardener!
- Learn research-based gardening techniques: Learn the art and science of growing and caring for plants using sustainable gardening practices.
- Grow your community: Meet beginner and expert gardeners in your community and help expand their knowledge and confidence.
- Learn by teaching: Provide gardening education to help your community thrive.
- Gain confidence in your skills: As they see how their gardening knowledge is valued, Master Gardeners blossom and become more confident and outgoing.
Learn about gardening. Ask us questions.
There are many ways to learn about gardening through OSU Extension:
- Gardening resources: Access to our gardening resources is affordable—often offered at no-cost—through one-on-one conversations with experts, workshops, publications, hotlines, online classes and more.
- Ask a gardening question: Do you have a gardening question? Local experts are available to answer your gardening and insect questions. Please contact us (online, by phone or in person), we’d love to hear from you.