In a year like no other, Master Gardeners made a difference in their communities (November 2019 - October 2020).
- In Oregon, there were 2,899 active Master Gardener volunteers
- Master Gardener volunteers were able to be of direct service to more than 34,000 Oregonians while under COVID-related restrictions.
- Master Gardeners donated an estimated 21 tons of fresh produce, harvested from Master Gardener-managed community and demonstration gardens, to local food banks and food pantries.
- There was a 67% increase in the number of people submitting questions on OSU’s Ask an Expert Service.
- We saw 125% increase in the number of people who ‘liked’ us on Facebook.
- In 2020, there was 2,806% increase in the number of people signing up for online gardening courses.