Our executive leadership team provides strategic leadership and oversight of the Division of University Outreach & Engagement (https://outreach.oregonstate.edu/) and its component programs and initiatives, including the OSU Extension Service.
Interim Vice Provost for Outreach and Engagement
Interim Director, OSU Extension Service
Executive assistant: Jackie Russell (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/jackie-russell)
Associate Provost, University Outreach and Engagement
Associate Director, OSU Extension Service
Strategic administrative service teams provide leadership and support for functions and initiatives of the OSU Extension Service, our programs, and our employees.
- Jennifer Alexander (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/jennifer-alexander): Communications and marketing
- Ana Lu Fonseca (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/ana-lu-fonseca): Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Tiffany Gillis (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/tiffany-gillis): Fiscal operations
- Lucas Turpin (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/lucas-turpin): Information technology
- Marcia Dickson (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/marcia-dickson): Regional operations
Our program leaders (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/about/program-areas) provide strategic leadership and administrative oversight of our educational programming and activities around seven major focus areas.
- Marilyn Lesmeister (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/marilyn-lesmeister): 4-H Youth Development
- Sam Angima (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/sam-angima): Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Roberta Riportella (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/roberta-riportella): Family and Community Health
- Jim Johnson (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/jim-johnson): Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jeff Sherman (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/jeff-sherman): OSU Open Campus
- Kris Elliott (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/kristopher-elliott): Outdoor School
- Dave Hansen (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/david-hansen): Sea Grant
OSU Extension has six administrative regions (https://oregonstate.box.com/s/vt3rsrjpwjnvhwy7ukaoifud7qzktxey). Our regional directors provide leadership, vision, and administrative oversight for regional initiatives and programs. Regional directors’ responsibilities include helping to identify regional and local issues and needs; promoting internal and external partnerships and collaboration; ensuring visibility of and access to the full complement of OSU and OSU Extension resources for residents; supervising program faculty; managing budgets; and promoting principles and practices of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
|Wiley Thompson (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/wiley-thompson)||Coastal||Clatsop, Columbia, Coos, Curry, Lincoln, Tillamook|
|Nicole Strong (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/nicole-strong)||Central||Crook, Deschutes, Gilliam, Hood River, Jefferson, Morrow, Sherman, Warm Springs, Wasco, Wheeler|
|Natalie Kinion (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/natalie-kinion)||Eastern||Baker, Grant, Harney, Malheur, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa|
|Angela Sandino (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/angela-sandino)||Metro||Multnomah, Washington Clackamas: Mike Bondi (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/michael-bondi) will continue to assist with the transition of leadership in the region.|
|Jamie Davis (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/jamie-davis)||Southern||Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake|
|Richard Riggs (https://extension.oregonstate.edu/people/richard-riggs)||Western||Benton, Linn, Lane, Marion, Polk, Yamhill|
Our local liaisons focus on county and local needs and relationships, working closely with regional directors and others.
Your Extension leadership team welcomes your questions.
Please let us know if there is anything about which you are interested, curious, or concerned.
We will address these questions in several ways, as needed and as opportunities arise:
- Individual responses to those who share questions or comments
- Quarterly Conversations and other leadership update sessions
- In the ConnEXTions newsletter
- With FAQs for specific projects and initiatives