Jun 23 - Jul 7, 2021
Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 7:45pm.
Free - Registration is required
Title: Biocontrol for the Farm
When: June 23, June 30, July 7 - 6:30-7:45pm
Cost: Free – Registration is required and separate for each talk.
Join us for three themed talks on how you can manage insects, weeds, and other pests while increasing beneficial habitat on your farm. This program has been designed for farms in the Willamette Valley.
There will be time for questions after each presentation.
June 23 – Insects
- An introduction to biocontrol and how to use it to manage pest insects while encouraging beneficial insects.
- Heather Stoven (OSU Extension) and Corin Pease (Xerces Society)
June 30 – Weeds
- Using livestock and other biocontrol methods to manage weeds on your property.
- Chris Schachtschneider (OSU Extension)
- Joel Price (Oregon Dept. of Ag.) will give an update on Tansy Ragwort and the Cinnabar Moth.
July 7 – Other Pests
- A presentation on the life histories of rodents and how other wildlife species can aid in your biocontrol efforts.
- Dana Sanchez (OSU Extension)