Exploring the Small Farm Dream
33630 McFarland Road
Tangent, OR 97389
Are you considering launching a small farm enterprise, but are not sure where to start?
Whether you are dreaming of raising sheep, growing berries, or selling heirloom vegetables, this class series will give you the tools to start making choices to determine if farming is right for you. In this course you will learn about current opportunities in small-scale agriculture, explore objectives, assess personal and financial resources, conduct preliminary market research, and learn about farm business finances which will all feed into an action plan and guide your next steps.
What to expect:
- Creative exercises, research, and class discussions that will help you assess your skills and resources.
- Interview with local farm-business owner that will assist you in deciding how to carry your dream forward.
- Learn about farm business finances to help form and fund your dream.
- An opportunity to make connections with others interested in starting new farm enterprises.
Who should attend?
If you are exploring the idea of starting a farm business, this course is designed for you. This includes people thinking about full-time farming, farming part-time while continuing other employment, changing careers to start a farm, and/or developing an existing but informal farming pastime into a more serious business activity.
Dates, times and locations:
Linn County Extension Office 33630 McFarland Rd, Tangent, OR 97389
- Tuesday January 29th, 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday February 7th, 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Tuesday February 12th, 5:30 - 8:00pm
Cost: $60 per person or $75 for two farm partners. Scholarships may be available, please contact Teagan Moran