Living on the Land, Dallas OR: Woodlands and Riparian Area Management
289 E Ellendale, Suite 301
Dallas, OR 97338
Sept 20 - Oct 18 - Living on the Land
Living on the Land is a workshop series tailored for small acreage landowners and those new to managing land. There are 5 classes in the series. Register for the whole series here.
Sept 20 - Land Stewardship Planning (Register)
- Learn the basics of planning for natural resource management
Sept 27 - Soils and Weeds (Register)
- Learn the basics of soil composition and health as well as about management strategies for common weeds on your land
Oct 4 - Pasture and Manure Management (Register)
- Make the most of your pasture by learning how grass plants grow, rotational grazing, nutrient and manure management
Oct 11 - Woodlands and Riparian Area Management (Register)
- Look at the woodlands and riparian areas on your property and consider options to enhance and manage for healthy trees and waterway habitat
Oct 18 - Water Rights and Well Water (Register)
- Learn about water rights. Bring well water for nitrate screening.
Classes will be hosted by OSU Extension Service in Polk County at their office in Dallas. Classes will be on Thursdays, from 6:00-8:30pm. Register for classes individually at $10 per class or $30 for the whole five-class series, or $45 for two farm partners. Register for the whole series HERE. The Polk County Extension Office is located at 289 E Ellendale Ave Suite 301, Dallas, OR 97338.
For more information, contact Victoria Binning at 503-373-3774 or email@example.com.