Mar 10 5:00 pm - Oct 10, 2021 8:00 pm PST
Growing Veteran Agripreneurs
GVA is a beginning farmer training program designed for veterans interested in pursuing careers in small-scale agriculture. The program runs March 22 to mid-October 2021. To complete an application and read more information, visit the program webpage. Application and registration are due by March 19, 2021. Grant funding allows a low cost for the season of $50.
Participants will gain theoretical and practical knowledge through classes, local farm tours and one-on-one mentoring.
Activities cover all phases of a farming season including cultivation, direct seeding, transplanting & harvesting.
- Part 1: 'Exploring the Small Farm Dream', is a beginning farmer 3-class training. Taught Mondays, March 22nd, 29th, and April 5thMondays, March 22nd, 29th, and April 5th
- The aim of this course is to assist those considering a small-scale commercial farming operation learn what it takes to start and manage a farm business.
- Part 2: Site Visits. The GVA coordinator will visit your property three times over the course of the season, offering advice and feedback, and providing resources to help move your farming operation forward.
- Part 3: Classes and Tours. Rogue Farm Corp Farm Tours: Wednesdays 2-5 pm. GVA participants will attend a total of fifteen farm tours and classes at diversified, successful commercial operations in Southern Oregon
- Part 4: Monthly Check-in Calls. The GVA coordinators will facilitate monthly zoom calls with the GVA cohort to debrief classes attended, discuss site visits and answer questions. Dates TBA.