Logging Considerations for Forest Owners: A Symposium
66501 End Road
Summerville, OR 97876
Thinking about selling logs from your property? This one-day symposium will help you know what to expect and give you opportunities to get your questions answered. The event includes presentations from subject matter experts, and a series of panel discussions with loggers, log buyers, consultants, and experienced forest owners.
- Timber sale fundamentals
- Getting the best prices for your logs
- Rights and responsibilities of property owners
- Benefits of a consulting forester
- Protecting yourself from liability
- Marketing your logs
- Selecting a logger
- Harvest regulations and notification requirements
- Timber and harvest taxes
- Cost share opportunities
- Log scaling
Advance registration required. Use the registration link above or contact the OSU Extension Office in La Grande at 541-963-1010.