This panel discussion addresses how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the Oregon Forest Sector and how members of the sector are responding to it. Topics include the overall forest economy, the forestry profession, lumber markets, log markets, sawmilling, logging, fire protection, availability of contractors, and tree farming. Each panelist will present for about 10 minutes. The moderator will then ask a few prepared questions to the panelists. Audience members will ask questions through the chat screen, which will be monitored by the host.
Originally aired on May 5, 2020
- Steve Zika, Hampton Lumber
- Tammy Cushing, OSU Extension
- Rex Storm, Associated Oregon Loggers
- Ron Graham, Oregon Department of Forestry
- Gordon Culbertson, Oregon Tree Farmer of the Year