Reforestation is required following timber harvesting and ensures the sustainability of your forest. If you are planning on planting tree seedlings in the next few years, then this class is for you! The class will provide information on the steps in securing seedlings, matching seedlings to the site, how to transport & plant your seedlings right, minimize seedling stress, protect your seedlings from wildlife damage, and evaluate seedling survival and growth. Because of the recent rash of wildfires across Oregon, I will also discuss reforestation challenges following wildfire.
Originally aired on December 1, 2020
Instructor: Stephen Fitzgerald, Silviculture & Fire Specialist, Oregon State University
- The care and planting of tree seedlings
- Successful reforestation - an overview
- Site preparation - an introduction for woodland owners
- Should I water my seedlings?
- Selecting and buying quality seedlings
- How much should you compromise when buying seedlings?
- Guide to Reforestation
- Enhancing reforestation success in the inland Northwest