Land Steward Program
LAND STEWARD PROGRAM
2015 REGISTRATION IS FULL! CALL TO BE PUT ON WAITING LIST 541-776-7371
Land Steward Training Program (brochure)
Tuesdays, September 8 – December 1 (with a holiday break)
1:00 – 5:30 pm
Course Fee, includes resources
SAVE 50$ Early Bird registration by August 7
$150; couples $200. After August 7th Standard fee $200; couples $250
Registration Deadline: August 14
Standard fee $200; couples $250 On-line payment form (Scholarships and payment plans available by arrangement. contact the Land Steward Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Pay the course fee: pay online with your credit card or by a check (payable to 'OSU') and mail to: OSU Extension 569 Hanley Rd., Central Point OR 97502. Registration must be received by the Registration Deadline August 14 (August 7 for early bird).
The award winning Land Steward training program helps local small-acreage landowners learn about ways to create a healthy environment on their property through classroom sessions, field trips, and the creation of a personalized managemment plan for the property. The course is designed for landowners who want to learn how to balance sustainability with their rural lifestyles.
To sign up for forthcoming information, or if you have any questions, please contact the Land Steward Coordinator, Rachel Werling. Se habla Español. 2015 Land Steward Training Program (flyer information). 2015 Land Steward Training Program (flyer information & Application)
Graduating Land Stewards will be equipped to design and implement programs to help people:
- Live safely in wildfire-prone areas
- Identify and eradicate noxious weeds
- Promote and develop wildlife habitat
- Conserve water and reduce runoff
- Reduce yard waste and woody biomass
- Make their own mulch and compost
- Maintain healthy trees and forest
|SO.OREGON ECOLOGY||TREE CARE|
|FISH & WILDLIFE||WEEDS|
|WATER||PASTURE & GRAZING|
|OTHER PERTINANT RESOURCES|
CITIZEN FIRE ACADEMY-A new Program. Ask about 2015 program.
For information, call Max Bennett at 541-776-7371, ext. 221 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Wildfire Protection Plan, chapter 4, pg 49
Southwestern Oregon Forests, Unique and Challenging, Tom Sensenig