Land Steward Program
Tree School/Living on Your Land
April 25, 2015, RCC, Grants Pass
- Registration opens March 2, 2015
- Registration deadline April 17, 2015
Registration Brochure (coming soon)
LAND STEWARD PROGRAM
Contact Rachel Werling for additional information. Se habla Español.
Land Steward training will help local small-acreage landowners learn about ways to create a healthy environment on their property through classroom sessions, field trips and the creation of a personalized management plan for their property. the course is targeting and owners who want to learn how to balance sustainability with their rural lifestyles.
Land Stewards will be equipped to design and implement programs to help people:
- Live safely in wildfire-prone areas
- Identify and eradicate noxious weeds
- Promote and develop wildlife habitat
- Conserve water and reduce runoff
- Reduce yard waste and woody biomass
- Make their own mulch and compost
- Maintain healthy trees and forest
|SO.OREGON ECOLOGY||TREE CARE|
|FISH & WILDLIFE||WEEDS|
|WATER||PASTURE & GRAZING|
|OTHER PERTINANT RESOURCES|
CITIZEN FIRE ACADEMY-A new Program. Ask about 2015 program.
For information, call Max Bennett at 541-776-7371, ext. 221 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Wildfire Protection Plan, chapter 4, pg 49
Southwestern Oregon Forests, Unique and Challenging, Tom Sensenig