- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
The Clackamas County 4-H program reaches more than 5,000 kids in our community each year. Youth in kindergarten through high school participate in clubs, after-school programs, school enrichment activities, and camps.We hope you enjoy exploring our site. The menu items on the left will help you find what you need quickly.
Dog Project and Committee Resources
Livestock Project and Committee Information
Small Animal Project and Committee Information
Youth Tractor Safety & Certification Course
The Clackamas County 4-H Youth Tractor Certification Course is a 22-24 hour program designed to teach safety as it relates to driving and managing farm implements. It offers both classroom and hands-on tractor driving experiences, for youth ages 14-17 who are interested in summer employment opportunities in the upcoming agricultural season.
· Cost $75/participant (non-refundable), which includes Safe Operation of Agricultural Equipment Manual, T-shirt, waterbottle, snacks and dirnks (first two days), and lunch on the last day.
· Pre-Registration is required and due at least two weeks prior to beginning date of class. Enrollment is limited and spaces fill quickly!
· Students must be 14 by the first day of class. 4-H / FFA membership not required.
· Classes held at North Willamette Research Extension Center (NWREC), 15210 NE Miley Road, Aurora, OR. NWREC is located 1 mile east of I-5 (exits 282 or 282B).
· Participants must attend all sessions to receive certification.
Next class will be held in the Fall 2013 (TBA)