- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
An informal, educational youth development program conducted by OSU Extension Service. 4-H helps youth grow & develop into positive citizens. Lifelong learning & life skill development are the keys to 4-H & developed through 4-H projects, activities, community service & leadership work. 4-H makes learning fun & interesting by promoting a "hands on" educational philosophy.
Adults are encouraged to be involved with youth in their community & make a difference in their lives. 4-H staff members & trained adult volunteers provide educational projects & activities in more than 50 project areas including Animal Science, Horticulture, Natural Science, Engineering, Expressive Arts, Home Economics, Citizenship & Leadership. In Douglas County, 550 club based 4-H members & 200 4-H volunteers participate each year.
Membership & Volunteer Leader Information for Enrollment
Enrollment Begins: Clubs, Leaders & Members - October 1st
Enrollment Deadlines: Clubs & Leaders - January 31st; Members - May 1st
Registration FormsMy 4-H Resume fillable forms
Are you new to 4-H in Douglas County? And, do you want to be a 4-H club leader/assistant leader? Or, does your child want to join a 4-H club? If so, email your request with your telephone number, email address and mailing address plus the projects you are interested in to: 4-H/DC New Request for Information. Or call Holly Burton at 541-236-3053.
Intent to Conduct 4-H Fund Raising - Activities Request Form This is an electronic fillable form that can be saved to your computer, completed, printed and mailed to the office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have difficulties completing this form electronically, print and complete by hand.
- Cover letter to High School 4-H members 2017
- Douglas County 4-H Scholarship Application 2017
- Farm Bureau Scholarship 2017
- State 4-H Scholarships 2017
- County 4-H Fair Scholarships
- 2017 Scholarships - The Way to Pay for Your College Education
- Cloverbud Community Club - February 23rd 5:45-7:30 PM, Westside Christian Church.
- Market Hog Clinic - February 21, 2017, 7 - 9 PM, OSU Extension Office
- 4-H Teen Leadership Retreat - February 24-26, Little River Christian Camp, Glide (flyer coming soon)
- Market Lamb Clinic - March 8, 2017, 7 - 9 PM, OSU Extension Office
Market Animal Information
- 2017 Market Steer Weigh-in Taggin Info Packet 4-H/FFA
- Animal Health Upddate Materials
- Veterinary Feed Directive
4-H Educational Materials
- Oregon Department of Agriculture - Livestock ID and Inspection (transportation certificates and info)
For more information, contact:
Many of the documents on this site are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF. You'll need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these materials.