- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
An informal, educational youth development program conducted by OSU Extension Service. 4-H helps youth grow & develop into positive citizens. Lifelong learning & life skill development are the keys to 4-H & developed through 4-H projects, activities, community service & leadership work. 4-H makes learning fun & interesting by promoting a "hands on" educational philosophy.
Adults are encouraged to be involved with youth in their community & make a difference in their lives. 4-H staff members & trained adult volunteers provide educational projects & activities in more than 50 project areas including Animal Science, Horticulture, Natural Science, Engineering, Expressive Arts, Home Economics, Citizenship & Leadership. In Douglas County, 550 club based 4-H members & 200 4-H volunteers participate each year.
Membership & Volunteer Leader Information for Enrollment
Enrollment Begins: Clubs, Leaders & Members - October 1st
Enrollment Deadlines: Clubs & Leaders - January 31st; Members - May 1st
- 2016 4-H Member Enrollment Packet (Deadline May 1st)
Are you new to 4-H in Douglas County? And, do you want to be a 4-H club leader/assistant leader? Or, does your child want to join a 4-H club? If so, email your request with your telephone number, email address and mailing address plus the projects you are interested in to: 4-H/DC New Request for Information. Or call Holly Burton at 541-236-3053.
Intent to Conduct 4-H Fund Raising - Activities Request Form This is an electronic fillable form that can be saved to your computer, completed, printed and mailed to the office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have difficulties completing this form electronically, print and complete by hand.
- Fillable Advancement Certificate
- Beef/Cattle Barn Map
- Small Animal Barn Map
- Horse Barn Map
- Goat Barn Map
- Sheep Barn Map
- Swine Barn Map
- Fair Information and Registration Packet (Incl. Camping Info.)
- Fair Premium Book or available to pick up at the Extension Office.
- Camping at Fair - Camper Spots 2016
- 4-H Horse Patterns for Fair - 2016
- 2016 Market Auction Committee Guidelines
- Annual Horse Registration Letter - 2016
- Procine Epidemic Diarrhea virus (PEDv)
4-H Educational Materials
- Record Book & Special Awards & County Medals Registration Form
- Annual Registration and Enrollment Forms (2015-2016 forms now available - see above)
- Oregon Department of Agriculture - Livestock ID and Inspection (transportation certificates and info)
For more information, contact:
Many of the documents on this site are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF. You'll need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these materials.