- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development
What's New in 4-H?!
- Now accepting Polk County Fair entries!
- Intersted in being a vendor for the Annual Hoilday Fair? Fill out this form and we'll send you an application at the end of August.
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Club Contact List - this is a list of Polk County Clubs that may be accepting new members. Please feel free to contact the leader directly, then go to our forms page to fill out the Member Enrollment Packet.
Calendar of Events
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
- 1 New Leader Education Meeting, 6 pm, Extension Office
- 1 Polk Co. Livestock Association Scholarship Applications Due
- 4-5 OR. Dept. of Fish & Wildlife, Free Fishing Weekend
- 5 Achievers, 1-5 pm, Extension Office
- 6 Crochet, 5-7 pm, Extension Office
- 7 Spring Weigh-in: Open Scales, 6-7 pm, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 9 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 10 Achievers, 5-6pm, Extension Office
- 10-12 Tractor Safety Class Adair Village Registration
- 11 Mt. Hood Jackpot Classic- Lamb, Goat and Pigs Info
- 13 Small Animal Express, 6-9, Extension Office
- 13 Youth Tractor Safety & Certification Course, Aurora
- 14 Greenhorns, 7-9 pm, Extension Office
- 15-16 Dallas Jr. Master Gardener Camp Info
- 16 Leaders Association, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 16-18 Youth Tractor Training, Aumsville Registration
- 17-19 Youth Tractor Training, Amity Registration
- 20 Records Training 6-8:30, Extension Office (check Fair Section)
- 20-22 State Shooting Sports Contest - Albany
- 21 Color Spot Container Gardening, STEP Class, 5:30-7 pm, Extension Office
- 22-25 Summer Conference, OSU Campus, Corvallis
- 23 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 23 Horse club ride and Horse 101,7 pm, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 27 Fair 101 - Schedule in Fair Section
- 28 Horse Committee, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 29-30 Monmouth Jr. Master Gardener Camp Info
- 1 Final Day for 4-H Enrollments non-animal projects only
- 1 Polk County Fair Entry and Records Deadline
- 4 Extension Office Closed for 4th of July
- 11 Small Animal Express, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 12 Greenhorns, 7-9 pm, Extension Office
- 14 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 16 State Fair Spruce-up Day 9 am-4 pm Contact Judi
- 21 Flower Arranging STEP Class, 5:30-7 pm, Extension Office
- 24 Achievers, 1-5 pm, Extension Office
- 28 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 2 Pre-Fair Contest Day
- 5 4-H Office Moves to the Fairgrounds
- 8-12 4-H Office at the Fairgrounds
- 11-13 Polk County Fair
- 18-19 State Fair Exhibits due to Extension Office (4-H'ers with only non-food and non-horticulture exhibits)
- 22 State Fair Exhibits due to Extension Office by 10 am (4-H'ers with all types of static projects)
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: