- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development
Polk 4-H Leaders - Attention! Important!
Polk County 4-H Fair Book
Polk County Open Class Fair Book
- Polk County Leaders Association Senior Scholarship
- Les Schwab tire Centers of Polk County 4-H/FFA Scholarship - Senior
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Calendar of Events
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
- 6 Leap into Spring Horse Show (Rescheduled) Yamhill Co.
- 8 Small Animal Express, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 9 Greenhorns, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 11 Pitchfork Pals, 7-10 pm, Extension Office
- 12-14 4-H Mini Camp
- 13 STEP Class "Drop Spindles" 10 am -12, Extension Office
- 13 Clackamas County 4-H Cat Show - Canby Fairgrounds
- 15 Rabbit Rascals, 3-7:30 pm, Extension Office
- 16 STEP Class "Cake Decorated - Advanced" Extension Office
- 16-18 4-H Junior Master Gardener Day Camp - Dallas
- 17-19 Youth Tractor Safety Certification - Marion County. Begin registration as a "New Account"
- 17-20 High Desert Youth Range Camp - Burns, OR
- 18-19 Shooting Sports State Communications Contest
- 19 Achievers, 5:30-7:30 pm, Extension Office
- 20 Old Mill Feed and Seed 4-H Market Bird Pick-up Day
- 20 STEP Class "Cake Decorating - Beginners" Ext. Office
- 24-27 Summer Conference Details Scholarship Application
- 29-30 Linn-Benton Comm.College Livestock Judging Clinic
- 29-July 1 4-H Junior Master Gardener Day Camp - Monmouth
- 23rd - 26th - Dallas Summerfest
- 1 Fair Entry Deadline
- 1 Senior Scholarship Deadline
- 3 Extension Office Closed to celebrate July 4th
- 9 Pitchfork Pals, 7-10 pm, Extension Office
- 11 State Livestock Judging Contest
- 11-12 Pre-Fair 4-H Horse Show, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 13 Small Animal Express, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 14 Greenhorns, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 18 Step Class, Outdoor Cookery
- 20 Rabbit Rascals, 6-7:30 pm, Extension Office
- 23-26 Dallas Summerfest
- 24 ALL Fair Clean-up Day, 9-12 and 5:30-7
- 28 Pre-Fair Contest Day, sign up early
- 3-7 Extension office closed we are at the Fairgrounds
- 6-8 Polk County Fair (Thursday-Saturday)
- 20-21 State Fair non-perishable static exhibits to Polk Co. Office
- 24 State Fair Exhibits perishable foods and horticulture to Polk Co. Office
August 28 - Sept. 7 150th Oregon State Fair
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: