- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development
What's New in 4-H?!
Winter Ag Fest at the Polk County Fairgrounds, February 27th & 28th
This year the annual Home Show will include an additional event - Mid Valley Winter Ag Fest. 4-H will be actively involved in many areas of the event. Open to everyone - You don't have to be enrolled in the corresponding project area so all these contests are open to everyone including Cloverbuds.Favorite Foods Contest Table Setting Contest My Favorite Outfit Fashion Revue Public Speaking Agricultural Photo Contest Outdoor Education & Recreation
Valentines Paper Art STEP CLASS
STEP – Short Term Educational Programing
Valentines Paper Art
Wednesday, February 10, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., at the Polk County Extension Office. Come learn about a variety of fun paper art activities that you can use as gifts, decorate your room and exhibit at fair. We'll be experimenting making mobiles, gift wrap and paper chains. Open to all youth grades K-12th. K-3rd graders need to be accompanied by an adult. Cost: $2 for 4-H members; $3 for non-members.
You do not have to be a 4-H Member to attend!
This class will be held at the Extension Office at 289 E. Ellendale, Suite 301.
Class is limited. Preregistration is required - 503-623-8395 by February 8th.
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Club Contact List - this is a list of Polk County Clubs that may be accepting new members. Please feel free to contact the leader directly, then go to our forms page to fill out the Member Enrollment Packet.
Calendar of Events
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
- 23 Western Region Livestock Education Day, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 25 Toxophilites, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 28 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 30 Rickreall Round-Up, Small Animal Show, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 1 Crochet Club, 5-7 pm, Extension Office
- 1 National Bee Keeping Essay Entries Due Contest Rules
- 4 Focus Pocus, 4:30-6:30, Extension Office
- 6 4-H Small Animal Workshop, Clackamas Co. Fairgrounds
- 6 Beef Weigh-In, 8-9 am Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 8 Toxophilites, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 8 Small Animal Express, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 10 Valentine's Paper Art Class, 5:50-7 pm Extension Office
- 11 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 12 Achievers, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 13 Achievers, 1-5 pm, Extension Office
- 13 Oregon Winter Poultry (& more) Swap, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 13 Fairboard work session, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 15 Rabbit Rascals, 6-7:30 pm, Extension Office
- 16 White Feathers Group A, 7-9 pm, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 19 Oregon State Archery Tournament, Bend, OR
- 20 February Frolic Rabbit Show, Vancouver Washington
- 21 Hocus Pocus, Small Animal Show, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 22 Toxophilites, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 25 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 27 Critter Romp, Small Animal Show, Yamhill Co.Fairgrounds
- 27-28 Mid-Valley Winter AG FEST, Polk County Fairgrounds
- 1 White Feathers Group B, 7-9 pm, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 5 Crook County Open Horse Show, Prineville, OR
- 7 Crochet Club, 5-7 pm, Extension Office
- 10 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 11 Achievers, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 13 Achievers, 1-5 pm, Extension Office
- 14 Toxophilites, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 14 Small Animal Express, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 15 T-Shirt Designs due for Summer Conference Info
- 15 White Feathers Group A, 7-9 pm, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 18 Wild West Camp Registration Begins! Watch for details (note there is no Mini Camp this year)
- 20-23 4-H Experiencing Citizenship Conference - Salem
- 21 Rabbit Rascals, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 21-25 Spring Break Step Classes, Extension Office
- 24 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 28 Toxophilites, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 1-2 Camp Special Speaker
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: