- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development
What's New in 4-H?!
- Marcia Eash Memorial Fund Award - Applications are NOW AVAILABLE
In loving memory of Marcia Eash (1960-2011), a 23 year leader in the Polk County 4-H Program. Marcia was involved in many aspects of the program, serving as superintendent, club leader, on Leaders Council and State Advisory Board. The Marcia Eash Memorial Fund has been established as a lasting legacy to Marcia, to remind and teach families who she was, and to impress upon others how much she cared and loved the youth of our county.
Two awards are eligible to be granted each year. The award is to be used to start a 4-H project in a new area or improve a current 4-H project. All project areas are included.The first award category is for static projects and will range from $50 - $100. Animal projects and shooting sports will be combined into the second award, which will range from $100 - $300.
- Summer Camp Anyone?
4-H Wild West Camp Registration opens March 20 for three Wild West Camps. A five night option (July 10-15), a four night option (June 15-19) and a Wild West Horse Camp Aug. 8-11. These camps fill up rapidly so don't miss out!
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Club Contact List - this is a list of Polk County Clubs that may be accepting new members. Please feel free to contact the leader directly, then go to our forms page to fill out the Member Enrollment Packet.
Calendar of Events
- 17 Youth Job Search Workshop, 1:30-3:30, Extension Office
- 20 Countywide Cloverbud meeting, 3:45-5, Extension Office
- 20 Alternative Food Club, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 20 Ambassadors Meeting, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 26-29 4-H Experiencing Citizenship Conference, Salem
- 27-31 Spring Break STEP Classes
- 17 Countywide Cloverbud meeting, 3:45-5, Extension Office
- 17 Alternative Food Club, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 17 Ambassadors Meeting, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 1 Senior Scholarships due to Extension Office
- 6 Spring Livestock Weigh-in, 8-11 am, Polk Co. Fairground
- 29 Memorial Day - Extension Office Closed
- 8 Open Livestock Weigh-in, 6-7 pm, Polk Co. Fairground
- 25 Polk County Fair Work Party
- 6 Rabbit Tattooing, 6-7 pm, Polk Co. Fairground
- 10-12 Polk County Fair
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: