- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development
What's New in 4-H?!
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Club Contact List - this is a list of Polk County Clubs that may be accepting new members. Please feel free to contact the leader directly, then go to our forms page to fill out the Member Enrollment Packet.
Calendar of Events
- 19 4-H Leaders Banquet
- 21 Critter Campus, Polk County Fairgrounds
- 23 Countywide Cloverbud meeting, 3:45-5, Extension Office
- 23 Alternative Food Club, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 23 Ambassadors Meeting, 6:30-8 pm, Extension Office
- 28 Western Region Livestock Education Day, 9-2, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 11 Rickreall Round-Up Round-Up, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 17-19 4-H WORLD, Oregon 4-H Center, Salem
- 18 Oregon Pork Producers Educational Seminar, Corvallis
- 19-20 Camp Club Training, 4-H Center in West Salem
- 25-26 Winter AgFest, Polk County Fairgrounds
- 27 Countywide Cloverbud meeting, 3:45-5, Extension Office
- 27 Alternative Food Club, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 27 Ambassadors Meeting, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 20 Countywide Cloverbud meeting, 3:45-5, Extension Office
- 20 Alternative Food Club, 5-6 pm, Extension Office
- 20 Ambassadors Meeting, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 26-29 4-H Experiencing Citizenship Conference, Salem
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: