- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development
What's New in 4-H?!
- Thank you to all of our vendors and those of you who came out to our 53rd annual Holiday Fair! It was a spectacular event and will help the Polk County 4-H Leader's Association contribute to some great programming for our youth in the upcoming year!
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Club Contact List - this is a list of Polk County Clubs that may be accepting new members. Please feel free to contact the leader directly, then go to our forms page to fill out the Member Enrollment Packet.
Calendar of Events
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
- 26 & 27 Happy Thanksgiving, Extension Office Closed
- 1 Lego 2-4 pm, Extension Office
- 5 STEP Class Crafts from the Kitchen
- 6 Achievers 1-5 pm, Extension Office
- 7 Crochet Class 5-7 pm, Extension Office
- 7 STEP Sewing Class, 3:30-5:50 pm, Extension Office
- 8 Greenhorns 7 pm, Extension Office
- 10 Focus Pocus 4-6 pm, Extension Office
- 10 Pitchfork Pals, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 10 STEP Centerpiece Class, 1:30-3 pm, Extension Office
- 14 Cloverbuds 3:30-4:30 pm, Extension Office
- 14 Small Animal Express 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 15 Lego 2-4 pm, Extension Office
- 15 STEP Centerpiece Class, 4-5:30 pm, Extension Office
- 21 Rabbit Rascals 6-7:30 pm, Extension Office
- 22 Los Caballeros 6:30-8:30 pm, Extension Office
- 24-25 Merry Christmas, Extension Office Closed
- 31 Happy New Year, Extension Office Closes at noon
- 1 Happy New Year, Extension Office Closed
- 9 4-H Critter Campus, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 18 Snowshoe Special, Small Animal Show, Benton Co.
- 21 Leader's Banquet
- 30 Rickreall Round-Up, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 13 Oregon Winter Poultry (& more) Swap, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 19 Oregon State Archery Tournament, Bend, OR
- 21 Hocus Pocus, Small Animal Show, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: