- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Umatilla County Master Gardener Program
Umatilla County Making a Difference
The River Walk Garden
Our original garden site is located off of Byers Ave. near the Pendleton Round-Up Grounds. CAPECO supplies the water for this site. Volunteers help prepare the site, pick and deliver produce.
The Tower garden was established in 2005 and is located on property owned by InterMountain ESD in Pendleton. Management transferred from Master Gardeners to Community Volunteers in 2013. Master Gardeners continue to support this community garden in an advisory capacity. This is a learning garden open to all members of our community. Vegetable selection and garden layout plans start in winter, prep and planting in spring, maintenance and harvest throughout the summer with cleanup in the early fall. Garden volunteers share in the bountiful harvest with the remainder of the harvest going to charity. Please contact garden manager Cheri Rhinhart at 541-278-2130 or 541-969-6777 or the Umatilla County Master Gardener program at 541-278-5403 for more information.
South Hill Garden
These garden plots are located on private property on the south hill in Pendleton. The home owners donate the water for this garden site. The plots are available to the public for seasonal use for a nomial fee. Contact the Extension office for more information.
Umatilla County Courthouse Demo Garden
This demonstration garden is located at the Umatilla County Courthouse in Pendleton. Master Gardeners designed this garden as a landscaping demonstration.
Announcing 2016 Master Gardener Training!
Training for the 2016 class will be facilitated by Dr. Clive Kaiser, OSU Umatilla Co Horticulture Faculty, and held at the Community Building in Milton-Freewater. More information on class sessions will be comming soon!
Online Reporting for Volunteer Hours
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get rid of Burmudagrass in my lawn?
- How do I get rid of wild Blackberry vines in my yard?
- Why are my tomatoes not producing fruit?
- How to start a Community Garden
- How to start a Home Garden
- How to start plants from seeds
- Are there really laws about fruit trees?
- Lawn Water Guide for Eastern Oregon
- Landscaping with Native Plants
- Growing Your Own A practical guide to gardening in Oregon.
- Master Gardener Library List
- An Educator's Guide to Vegetable Gardening
- Controlling crabgrass, Bermuda grass, and nutsedge in your lawn - by Don Horneck, HAREC
- What does your garden grow? - by Don Horneck, HAREC
- Plant Disease Diagnoses - by Phil Hamm, HAREC
- Vegetable Gardening - by George Clough, HAREC
- WSU Cooperative Extension Gardening Information
- OSU Extension & Experiment Station Communications Publications
- OSU Master Gardeners
- OSU Extension & Experiment Station Communications gardening information
- OSU Plant Disease Website
- PNW Insects
- Entomology Site
- Ohio State University
- University of Kentucky
- Iowa State University
- Northwest Gardens
- Living With Bugs
- Garden Links