Growing and Belonging Continuing Education Opportunities
"Growing and Belonging" Equity-focused Training Requirements (2023 and beyond)
As part of your continuing education for 2023 (and beyond), all Oregon State University Extension Service Master Gardener volunteers are required to complete at least 1 designated course from the following "Growing and Belonging" options for 2023:
- OSU Extension’s DEI training for volunteers (4 modules: Introduction, Equity, Inclusivity, and Conclusion)
- 2022 Fall Recertification webinar: ‘Introduction to Food Sovereignty’, with Cecile Evans, 2020 Master Gardener cohort member.
- Abra Lee’s Culture of Gardening Keynote: ‘The Work is In Our Hands’:
- Gail Langellotto and LeAnn Locher’s Presentation at the National Extension Master Gardener Coordinators Conference: Racial and Social Justice in Extension Master Gardener Programs
- Sammy Ramsey’s Presentation to the Maryland Master Gardeners: Biodiversity and Diversity in Bio: What’s the Point?
This state-wide OSU Master Gardener requirement aligns with our commitment to create a welcoming and inclusive program.
Report completion of this requirement in the 2023 Volunteer reporting survey that will be sent by email in mid-September 2023.