Clackamas County 4-H has a large and thriving Horse club program.
Helmets: Our county requires that youth wear a helmet at all times when riding, driving, and working on the ground with or around horses. Adults also must wear a helmet if they are riding at a 4-H educational event (ex: club trail ride).
Horse Fair Entries Due June 5: Members must enter and pay in ShoWorks, submit the Horse Fair Information Form, and turn in a Record Book at the Extension Office.
Horse Fair: July 18-23
- July 18 8am Set up/Move in/Ranch horse meeting at 6pm
- July 19 8am Ranch Horse/6pm ALL exhibitors meeting
- July 20 8am Showmanship/Dressage/Saddle Seat/Sr. Trail
- July 21 8am Hunt Seat/Jumping/Int. Trail/Bareback
- July 22 8am Western/Driving/Jr. Trail/Ground training
- July 23 7am Tack Check/ 8am Western Gaming/Move out
Photo: Wendy Hein (Cropped from original)
Horse Fair Information
Opportunities for members to improve their horse knowledge and communication skills.