The Oregon State University Plant Clinic is a diagnostic facility associated with and housed in the Department of Botany and Plant Pathology. The Plant Clinic has been operational since 1954. As part of the OSU Cooperative Extension Service, the primary mission of the Plant Clinic is educational. Extended education is provided by helping our clients recognize the nature of their plant problem (diagnosis) and by helping them to manage the disease or disorder using proper control methods, including cultural, biological, and chemical measures. Emphasis is on prevention of problems by proper management.