Mon, Jul 30, 2018 9:00 am - Thu, Aug 2, 2018 3:00 pm
Mission Earth - 2018 STEM Summer Day-Camp: July 30th - August 2nd from 9:00am - 3:00pm.
This 4-day-camp series is designed for youth ages 14-17 who are interested in being outdoors and learning about environmental science and remote sensing using technology with OSU Extension faculty & Salem-Keizer educators. This program is in partnership with NASA Science Mission Directorate, Northwest Earth and Space Pipeline (NESSP), Washington NASA Space Grant Consortium and OSU 4-H Youth Development.
Oregon Natural Resources Education Program (PreK-12) Event
During this program, you will:
• Learn about the most valuable and renewable resource on the planet; trees!
• Visit a state-of-the-art sawmill
• Explore forest management for multiple uses
• Interact with forestry professionals
• Get ideas for integrating forest education into your classroom
This will be an opportunity for Eastern Oregon District Superintendents, Principals, and 5th or 6th Grade Educators to ask questions, plan for next year, and learn how your district can get involved (or stay involved) in Outdoor School.