Who we are
Oregon State University Extension is the go-to resource for the expertise and knowledge every Oregonian needs to live healthy lives, nurture our great state’s ecosystems, and play a vital role in Oregon’s vibrant communities. We are committed to creating positive change through programs and providing spaces where each person feels safe and welcome.
We’re partnering with people in every county and helping them thrive every day — just as we have done for more than 100 years.
Our programs, partnerships and volunteer opportunities are focused on:
- Healthy communities and economies
- Resilient and productive forests and natural ecosystems
- Sustainable agriculture, food systems, and gardening
- Thriving youth, individuals and families
Learn more about our impact across Oregon.
The Oregon State University Extension Service engages the people of Oregon with research-based knowledge and education that strengthen communities and economies, sustain natural resources, and promote healthy families and individuals.
- Community-based: We value community relationships and connect OSU to local people and issues to enhance the present and the future of the people and communities of Oregon.
- Accountability: We focus on achieving measurable outcomes, and document and communicate the impact and value of our work.
- Credibility: We deliver relevant, research-based knowledge through our educational programs.
- Diversity: We exhibit respect, value differing perceptions and world views, and encourage diversity.
- Partnerships: We collaborate with academic, public, and private partners to achieve greater results and build community capacity. We value the public good that comes from collaborating with volunteers.
- Responsiveness: We engage with community partners and learners to identify priority issues and needs, to design timely responses, and to build future capability.