Become a Master Naturalist
The Oregon Master Naturalist Program is ideal for those who wish to become certified Master Naturalists, but classes are open to anyone with interest, as space allows.
To become an Oregon Master Naturalist, complete these steps:
1. Complete the online course
The online course provides a basic overview of Oregon's natural history and the management of its natural resources.
2. Complete an Ecoregion Field Course
We currently offer ecoregion field courses in several of Oregon's ecologically distinct regions.
3. Complete 40 volunteer hours
As part of the Master Naturalist certification, you will volunteer for 40 hours for a natural resources oriented group or project. There are many types of volunteer opportunities. Completing coursework is required before beginning volunteer hours.
4. Maintain your certification
To maintain your certification as an Oregon Master Naturalist:
- Continue to volunteer 40 hours per year
- Attend 8 hours of continuing education per year