How to Join
Interested in becoming a Master Gardener?
Master gardener applications for 2020 open in autumn, 2019. In the meantime, here are several ways you can learn more and get involved.
Interested but not sure what to expect?
- Read on for program overview.
- Sign up for The Valley Gardener free eNewsletter to find gardening resources that work for you and be notified when Master Gardener applications start.
- Join us for an event or class. Many are FREE or low cost.
- Find us on Facebook or Instagram to see what Master Gardeners do!
Steps to becoming an Extension Master Gardener
- Be selected to participate in the Master Gardener course. Application details to be announced.
- Complete the Extension Master Gardener course. Course schedule and topics to be announced.
- Share your knowledge
- Volunteer on projects and events that deliver horticulture education and information to the public.
- Volunteer and learn alongside experienced Extension Master Gardener volunteer mentors.
- When your time as a trainee is completed, you'll start the next calendar year as an active Oregon State University Extension Master Gardener in your community.
- Stay involved
- To maintain your active Extension Master Gardener volunteer status, complete requirements for volunteering and continuing education each year.