Master Gardener Program Quick Stats
All statistics are for the 2019 reporting year (November 2018 - October 2019).
- In Oregon, there were 2,936 Active Master Gardener Volunteers
- These volunteers donated a total of 221,423 hours, in support of OSU Extension Master Gardener Program.
- Master Gardeners had 139,242 public contacts, via Plant Clinics, public gardening classes, demonstration days and other activities.
- The monetary value of this service is $5.6 million dollars, and translates into an additional 106 FTE to OSU and OSU Extension. FTE stands for full time equivalent, and is used as a measure of full time employees.
- Master Gardeners donated an estimated 52.5 tons of fresh produce, harvested from Master Gardener-managed community and demonstration gardens, to local food banks and food pantries.
Learn more about what we have done in past years, by reading our Annual Reports.