The goal of the Small Farms program is to improve the economic and environmental sustainability of small farms by employing appropriate scale production and marketing techniques. The program works toward improving small farm horticultural production and small-scale livestock, poultry & forage production.
Objectives of the Small Farm Program:
- Offer a wide variety of classes, many topics suggested by our local farmers, to become the resource they need for education and answers
- Improve stewardship practices of small acreage landowners;
- Land management: improve soil and water quality and conservation;
- Small farm alternative and specialty marketing (through local and regional food systems and farm direct marketing channels).
- Facilitate farmers knowing other farmers
NewsletterOregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that concentrates on both commercial small farm entrepreneurs as well as non-commercial small acreage landowners. Our focus embraces organic/biological and conventional farming systems.