- Seek a diversity of flower shapes, plant families
- Ensure continuous flowering
- Include native plants
- Plant single-flowered varieties
- Plant fewer, larger blocks of flowers
- Include bulbs, shrubs, trees
- Extend bloom time by deadheading flowers
- Create nesting opportunities
- Manage bees responsibly
- Cut down on pesticides
Bees and other pollinators need nectar sources all season long, so it's important that your garden provide blooms from spring through fall.
Learn more in "Enhancing Urban and Suburban Landscapes to Protect Pollinators".
Transcript (music in background with garden photos):