News & Announcements
Central Oregon Agricultural Research Center is located in Madras, Oregon (Jefferson County). This puts the facility at the center of 60,000 acres of irrigated crop land and in the center of Central Oregon Seed production. High value, specialty crops provide the core of this progressive agricultural community.
The purpose of Oregon Agricultural Experiment Stations is to conduct research and provide valuable knowledge relating to agriculture, food systems and biological, social and environmental sciences, which inturn helps improve the quality of life of people and their environments. Experiment stations work to:
- Ensure stable, productive agriculture, while protecting natural resources.
- Improve and create new ways for agricultural efficiency.
- Find ways to protect crops and animals from pests, disease and other hazards.
- Protect and improve the environment and others’ quality of life.
- Develop new agricultural products and processes.
- Protect and enhance consumer’s food quality and its source.
- Encourage rural and urban community development.
Oregon Agricultural Experiment Stations do not help just residents of Oregon; their knowledge is also shared across many other states and countries. Continue to read more about the legacy of land grant institutions.