So you have captured a 'creature' in a jar, or your field is full of tiny bugs, now what? Accurate identification of insects is a key first step. Use the resources below to help.
- If you have a sample and would like to have it professionally examined. Staff also accept phone calls and photos
- If you have a suspected sighting of Asian Giant Hornet
- If your specimen was found in a vegetable field or garden
- If your specimen was found in a grass field or pasture
- If you have an urban, residential, or structural pest
Another excellent resource is OSU Extension’s "Ask an Expert" service. Use the easy, online form to describe the issue and upload photos. Your inquiry is routed to an OSU Extension expert. When they reply, you will be notified by email.