OSU Extension Service supports Walk With Ease leaders and classes in Oregon. We continue to seek partnerships with organizations and communities to promote Walk With Ease and other walking programs.
Benefits of partnering with OSU Extension to lead Walk With Ease includes:
- FREE program materials such as leader guides, posters, and participant workbooks
- FREE marketing fliers and program forms
- FREE technical assistance
- FREE marketing assistance for Walk With Ease programs
- Access to the Walk With Ease statewide leader listserv, a network of over 300 leaders who can provide advice and assistance
Local OSU Extension county offices are able to assist you with the following tasks:
- Secure Walk With Ease leaders and locations
- Schedule class dates and times
- Market and promote Walk With Ease programs
- Register participants
- Collect and submit paperwork and program forms to Oregon State University
What we ask from you:
- Recruit participants and identify a walking location
- Complete and return program paperwork
- Be a supporter and positive role model for your participants
Become a Group Leader
Online Walk With Ease leader trainings certify volunteers to lead a Walk With Ease group. The two-hour training can be completed at your convenience and is open to anyone who wants to be a leader - you don't need to have previous experience! The training is $89 and can be obtained through the Arthritis Foundation and the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.
Oregon State University Extension is able to provide Walk With Ease leaders in Oregon with technical assistance, marketing support, and some class materials. For more information, please contact us by email or phone: 541-737-3173.
Additionally, limited funding is available for free leader training for OSU Extension staff, volunteers, and organizations that partner directly with Extension Service staff. If you are interested in developing a Walk With Ease partnership, please contact your local county Extension office.
Current Group Leaders
Our existing group leaders can access a variety of forms, marketing materials, and more on our page for Leader Resources.