Research and Evaluation
Research shows that Farm to School and school gardens may improve:
- Access: Increase participation in the school meal program to improve access to nutritious meals.
- Nutrition: Increase consumption of vegetables and fruits to improve nutrition and health outcomes; Improve knowledge and attitudes about agriculture, food, nutrition and the environment.
- Environment: Promote environmental stewardship.
- Equity: Promote food justice by supporting healthy and equitable community food systems.
- Economy: Support economic development by increasing market opportunities for farmers, ranchers, fishers, local food processors, local food distributors, and food manufacturers.