- Presenter: Jessica Jansen, Executive Director of Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation
- Description: Follow along and complete one of the two Ag Science Cafe activities in this video to win some cool DIVE4Ag swag! Where do items come from? Follow the activity that starts at 4 minutes to discover if items found in your home come from the farm, store, factory or earth.
Or make bioplastic at home!
- Corn oil
- Food coloring
- Plastic bag
- Find an adult to help you! Place the following ingredients in a plastic bag: 1 tablespoon cornstarch, two drop of corn oil, one tablespoon of water, and 2 drops of food coloring.
- Seal the bag and gently mix the cornstarch mixture by rubbing the outside of the bag with your fingers until combined.
- Open the bag slightly, making sure it can vent. Place the bag upright in a microwave oven on high for 20-25 seconds. Please note all microwaves vary. The mixture needs to get hot but not boil.
- Carefully remove the bag from the microwave. Contents could be hot. Let it cool down for a few minutes. While it is still warm, you can try to form the plastic into a shape. Get creative!