What we do
Extension faculty, staff, and trained volunteers work alongside local partners to provide educational workshops, activities, and services tailored to the unique industries, natural resources, and people in our communities.
Oregon State University's land grant mission drives us to conduct research and share research-based education to improve economic vitality and promote personal and environmental health.
What OSU Extension is doing in our Coos County community:
- Sharing the latest techniques in natural resource management contributing to sustainable forest management and a healthy local economy
- Working to change health policy, culture and environments that make the healthy choice the easy choice
- Creating opportunities to grow, consume and preserve healthy, sustainable foods
- Providing possibilities for youth and adults to serve their county by becoming OSU certifies volunteers
- Developing partnerships to build economic stability by expanding outdoor recreation and tourism