4-H grows future leaders. From teaching younger 4-H members to participating in regional, state, and national events, 4-H provides opportunities for young people to build life-long leadership skills.
4-H Leadership Resources
OSU Extension Catalog
Spring Classic (formerly Spring Horse Classic)
New Date this year: May 17-19, 2019
Spring Classic now includes the following statewide contests (* signifies that a National contest is available for Senior members/teams):
- *Horse, Dog, Rabbit, and *Poultry Judging
- *Horse, Dog, Rabbit, Livestock, and *Avian Quiz Bowls
- *Livestock Skills
- Presentations, Team Presentations and Public Speaking in
- Small animal (dog, rabbit, cavy, poultry, pigeon)
Spring Classic Rules & Information:
- June 26-29, 2019
- Held on the beautiful OSU Campus
- Registration fee only $200 - many counties cover part of this cost
- Registration will open May 15
- Registration is done online. You will need to get a password from your county extension office in order to register. Contact your county office for details on your county's registration process. Detailed registration instructions are posted and can be found in the "resources" section below.
Summer Conference is an opportunity for youth grades 7-12 to travel to Corvallis, explore campus life, make new friends, learn, and have a lot of fun. While here, participants attend workshops on a wide variety of subjects. Over 80 classes are offered including dog agility, a logging site tour, animal anatomy, fly fishing, origami, and etiquette.
In addition to attending workshops, participants will hear a nationally acclaimed speaker, participate in a Community Service project, and enjoy many fun activities such as a pool party and dance.
Members arrive on campus early Wednesday afternoon, either through their own transportation or on the summer conference charter buses, then stay in a campus dorm and eat at a dining hall. The conference is capped off with a closing program Saturday morning where new state ambassadors and national congress delegates are announced.
Questions about Summer Conference can be directed to Roberta Lundeberg.
- Informational Flyer
- Fees and Funding
- Class Proposal Form
- Class Descriptions and Schedule
- Bus Information
- Route 1 - Central Oregon (John Day, Burns, Bend)
- Route 2 - Northeast Oregon (Lostine, Island City, Pendleton, Hermiston, Arlington, Wilsonville)
- Route 3 - Colunbia Gorge ( The Dalles, Hood River, Troutdale, Wilsonville)
- Route 4 - Southern Oregon (Klamath Falls, Central Point, Grants Pass, Sutherlin, Springfield)
- Route 5 - South Central Oregon (Lakeview, Paisley, Silver Lake, La Pine, Bend)
- Route 6 - Oregon Coast (Astoria, Hillsboro, McMinnville)
- Climbing Wall Waiver
- Registration Instructions - Youth, Chaperone
- Participant Information
- Chaperone Information